Geographic proximity for increasing connectivity demands
The Internet of Things and rich media content delivery to mobile devices is expected to swell to unprecedented levels. By 2020, at least 20 billion active internet-connected devices will be operational globally, resulting in soaring bandwidth demand. By shifting content closer to user communities in markets typically underserved by data center and telecom service providers, Flexential helps relieve network constraints from businesses and consumers seeking faster anytime, anywhere access to high-quality content.
As you embark on your edge strategy, consider partnering with an IT provider with the right connectivity options, people power and data center locations in a growing number of tier 2 markets across the U.S. to enable a first-rate online experience.
Flexential offers a unique combination of hybrid IT solutions with both global reach and local market coverage. We’ll work with you to ensure your HybridEdge solution meets user expectations, while lowering your costs, improving efficiencies and future-proofing your network for IoT growth.
Features and benefits
Features of Edge data centers
- 100 Gbps network backbone, built with the most demanding user needs in mind
- Greater predictive scaling and lower latency
- Built-in, not bolted-on, best-in-class network security
- Diverse and significant network federation capabilities
- Expert resources and time-tested solutions for managing complex networks
Benefits of Edge data centers
- Gain access to hundreds of carriers, hyperscale cloud providers and Flexential hybrid IT solutions
- Bypass high costs and potential network bottlenecks of connecting to an internet peering exchange in a major metropolitan area
- Avoid single points of failure with automatic rerouting through redundant paths
- Improve application performance
- Scale with ease to meet peak traffic demands