Align IT with strategic business objectives
Many IT teams struggle with the organizational and management aspects of their operations. Differences in departmental goals and cultures can impede the potential for IT to fully contribute to the company’s business or mission objectives. Fully actualizing an effective IT department requires much more than understanding and managing the technology layer – but a focus on IT strategy may be eclipsed by the many day-to-day needs and requirements of IT resources.
Most often, the disconnect is the result of failure to establish clear, cohesive guidelines for how to use and manage your IT resources. Comprehensive IT policies are an essential component to realizing the full value of IT for your business.
Developing, maintaining and enforcing such policies doesn’t have to be difficult or complex if you have a knowledgeable partner to guide the way. That’s why companies like yours call on Flexential to help create policy and procedure documents, establish IT governance and build a data governance framework.
In addition to deep technical proficiency, our professionals bring you world-class expertise in IT organizational management. This combination of skills provides strong leadership to help you transform your IT organization and ensure alignment with strategic business goals.
Features and benefits
Features of IT policy development and governance
- In-depth evaluation of existing governance processes and procedures
- Comprehensive policy map illustrating exposures and protection mechanisms
- Catalog all required policy elements
- Creation of policy documents for system and network administrators
- Documentation of IT end-user policies setting out norms of use and IT service expectations
- Standardized, repeatable processes and procedures
Benefits of IT policy development and governance
- Elevate recognition of your IT organization’s relevance and value
- Eliminate cultural barriers and improve IT alignment with your business
- Apply industry best practices for IT governance; support compliance
- Improve IT management structure with clear lines of staff accountability