Last Updated: April 5th, 2018
This website is not designed for, or directed to, children under the age of 13 and Flexential does not intentionally collect information about anyone under the age of 13 on this website.
U.S. – EU Privacy Shield
Flexential’s accountability for personal data we receive under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfer to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Flexential remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that we engage to process personal data on our behalf to do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Flexential proves that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Flexential commits to resolve complaints about collection or use of your Personal Information. Individuals in the European Union with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Flexential via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 8809 Lenox Pointe Drive, Suite G, Charlotte, NC 28273 Attn: Privacy & Security Officer. For any Privacy Shield complaints that cannot be resolved with Flexential directly, Flexential has committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. For any Privacy Shield complaints that cannot be resolved with Flexential directly, please contact or visit the ICDR/AAA at www.icdr.org for more information or to file a complaint. The services of the ICDR/AAA are provided at no cost to you. As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means.
“Anonymous Information” means information that does not personally identify an individual, including aggregate demographic information.
“Customer” means an entity which receives services from Flexential pursuant to a written agreement.
“Information” means, collectively, Personal Information, Anonymous Information and Sensitive Information.
“Partner” means an entity which participates in the Flexential Partner Network Program pursuant to a written agreement(s).
“Partner Network Program” means one or more partner programs operated by Flexential allowing Partners to, among other things: refer prospective customers to Flexential and receive a referral fee or an on-going commission fee; maintain end-user relationships on Participating Partner contracts; or manage billing functionality for Customers.
“Personal Information” means information that can identify a person as a specific individual, such as name, phone number, email address, Social Security number or credit card number. Personal Information includes the information provided by Customers or Partners which may be necessary for Flexential to provide the Flexential services. Personal Information includes Personal Information provided by Partners.
“Sensitive Information” means personal information that reveals a natural person’s race; ethnic origin; political, philosophical or religious beliefs; trade union membership; information specifying a person’s sex life; or that concerns a natural person’s health or medical condition.
How Flexential Collects Information
1. Personal Information. Flexential may gather Personal Information in the following manner:
- a. Personal Information may be provided to us on our websites through surveys, chats, contests, service inquiries, service orders, service requests, web based forms, or other means
- b. You may provide Personal Information to us via telephone calls, emails or written correspondence;
- c. You may provide Personal Information in connection with our Referral Program;
- d. Personal Information may be provided in connection with the provision of services (including billing information) or a visit to any of our facilities. Such collection may be online or offline;
- e. You may provide Personal Information in connection with a job application; and
- f. Third party providers may provide Flexential with your Personal Information.
3. Anonymous Information. Flexential may gather Anonymous Information about you on our websites via automated technical means, such as Cookies and as described in the Google Analytics section.
4. Sensitive Information. Flexential does not collect any Sensitive Information nor does Flexential desire to receive any Sensitive Information.
How Flexential Uses Information
1. Personal Information. Flexential may use Personal Information to:
- a. Process service requests and answer service inquiries;
- b. Provide and change the services, including communicating with you about the services;
- c. Process payments and provide accurate billing and shipping;
- d. Maintain accurate accounts, manage Customer relationships, manage Partner relationships, provide Customer support and provide Partner support;
- e. Market our products/services, including recommending products/services that might be of interest to you;
- f. Improve our service offerings;
- g. Improve this website;
- h. If you are a Partner, to evaluate prospective Customers, quote services to you or to prospective Customers or to contact prospective Customers and/or the Partner;
- i. Process your job application;
- j. Process your referral as part of the Referral Program; or
- k. Perform other functions as described at the time of collection.
2. Anonymous Information. Flexential uses Anonymous Information we collect for internal purposes, marketing purposes, to improve our services and this website and as set forth in the Google Analytics section above.
1. Personal Information. Flexential does not disclose Personal Information to third parties except as set forth below. Flexential may share Personal Information with third parties:
- a. When we work with businesses, partners or agents to provide services for you on our behalf or to help process or service your request or correspond with you. For example, Personal Information may be provided to a third party to verify the validity or credit limit of your credit card.
- b. When we work with businesses, partners or agents to develop a direct relationship with you.
- c. In connection with the Referral Program.
- d. As may be required by lawful requests by public authorities (i.e. through a subpoena, search warrant, other legal process), including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- e. When, in Flexential’s reasonable opinion, disclosure is required to enforce our legal rights or to protect the rights and safety of others.
2. Anonymous Information. Flexential may share Anonymous Information with third parties.
Flexential will only use Personal Information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized. To the extent necessary for those purposes, Flexential takes reasonable steps to ensure information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Flexential and our affiliated businesses, partners and agents may use email to communicate with Customers, respond to emails or to inform you about events or new products which you may be interested in. We will not send commercial solicitation emails to you if you request that such emails not be sent. Please see the “Choice” section below for more information about opting-out of commercial emails
You may choose to opt-out of: (a) commercial email communications as described in “Email Communications” above; (b) disclosures of Personal Information to third parties for a purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected (except as set forth in Sharing Information 1(a) or 1(c) above). It may take up to ten (10) days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications list. You may also choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in the inability of Flexential to assist with requests for information or to provide the services. If you wish to opt-out, please send your request to: email@example.com or by mail to:8809 Lenox Pointe Drive
Charlotte, NC 28273
Attn: Privacy & Compliance Officer
Flexential takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the Personal Information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Such measures apply generally to the Flexential systems and facilities rather than to particular Customer environments/systems. No system can be completely secure and Flexential does not guarantee that Personal Information will always remain secure.
If you wish to correct, amend or update your Personal Information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:8809 Lenox Pointe Drive
Charlotte, NC 28273
Attn: Privacy & Compliance Officer
Historical event records are not subject to modification. For example, if we collect Personal Information in connection with a visit to our facilities, we are unable to delete that information from our records.
Verification and Dispute Resolution
Third Party Links and Policies
This Website may contain links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links you are “moving” to another website. Flexential is not responsible for the information privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Flexential encourages you to read the privacy policies of these linked websites as their information privacy practices may differ.