Colocation is one of those few things in life where you have to ask yourself, “Why wouldn’t I want this?” It can unburden you from some of the routine and resource-sapping chores that come with the care and feeding of running your own data center. A top-notch colocation facility enjoys big-time economies of scale that you could never hope to realize on your own.
- It is fiscally responsible, allowing you to leverage a provider that already made the investment in infrastructure and personnel.
- It is highly secure, with facilities staffed and monitored 24/7 by trained professionals and backed by video surveillance, PIN-based card access and locked cages.
- It increases the redundancy, bandwidth and availability of your systems, providing more speed and reliability than is available or even feasible at most office locations.
- It provides back-up power to your systems, fueling your business during the most challenging of times.
- It is highly reliable, allowing you to sleep peacefully through the night if anything goes down.
- It comes with an on-site technical team who operates and maintains state-of-the-art infrastructure so that you don’t have to.
- It can help you meet the requirements of regulatory compliance acts such as ISO 27001, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), HIPAA/HITECH, PCI DSS and Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLBA).
- It allows for flexibility, with infrastructure that is already in place to accommodate your needs for more rack or floor space, additional bandwidth and faster connection speeds.
- It comes with a high quality of service, allowing for a more customer-centric approach to information technology.
- It can be used for disaster recovery to ensure business continuity and availability of mission-critical data and applications.
If your business is considering colocation and you would like to talk to a Flexential expert, contact us at email@example.com or at (877) 448-9378.